2021 Winter Geriatric Healthcare Series3/2/20214pm5:30pm
The University of Washington Northwest Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Center (NW GWEC), the University of Washington’s Continuing Nursing Education, and the VA Puget Sound Healthcare System Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center (GRECC) are partnering to bring a series of continuing education programs on geriatric health in primary care to health professionals in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Alaska.
Nationally and regionally recognized NW GWEC faculty will present each lecture and facilitate discussion. The series will assist providers in developing and enhancing health promotion interventions to prevent disease and postpone further disability for the older adults they serve. This series will give primary care providers the opportunity to access valuable information.
All lectures are broadcast live on Tuesdays 4:00-5:30pm Pacific
- 1/5 Dementia – Stephen Thielke, MD, MSPH, MA, Professor, UW, VA Puget Sound Health Care System
- 1/12 3Ds of Diagnosis – Emily Trittschuh, PhD, Associate Professor, UW, VA Puget Sound Health Care System
- 1/19 Rational Preventive Care in the Context of AD – Amy Thomas, MD, Research Fellow, VA Puget Sound Health Care System
- 1/26 Rational Prescribing in AD – Zachary Marcum, PhD, PharmD Assistant Professor, UW Department of Pharmacy
- 2/2 Care Planning in Early AD – Karen Clay, MSW, LICSW, Clinical Social Worker, UW Memory and Brain Wellness Center and Piruz Huda, MN, PMHNP, Adjunct Clinical Faculty, UW School of Nursing
- 2/9 ADRD in the Time of COVID-19 – Carolyn Parsey, PhD, Assistant Professor, UW Department of Neurology
- 2/16 Ethical Dilemmas in the Care of Older People with Cognitive Impairment – Elizabeth Vig, MD, MPH, Associate Professor, UW, VA Puget Sound Health Care System
- 2/23 Dementia and Driving – Kristoffer Rhoades, PhD, Research Professor, UW Memory, Brain, and Wellness Center
- 3/2 Elder Abuse & Neglect in Primary Care – Kris Fredrickson, MSW, LICSW, Clinical Social Worker, VA Puget Sound Health Care System
- 3/9 Caring for the Caregiver – Carrie Rubenstein, MD, MPH, Geriatrician, Swedish Medical Center